- Financial Support & Benefits
- Ontario Disability Support Program
Ontario Disability Support Program
- The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) can provide you with financial as well as job search support, and with any adjustments that may be required to accommodate your disability.
- In order to be eligible for income support from ODSP, you must be an Ontario resident, a citizen, a permanent resident, convention refugee or refugee claimant, and “have a substantial physical or mental disability that will last one year or more” and “makes it hard for you to take care of yourself or work.”
- You are ineligible for this program if you are getting any other type of disability support or if you are receiving Ontario Works. You must submit certain documents in order to be eligible for ODSP, as well as go to an interview with an ODSP worker. Read more about ODSP support here.
- You may also be eligible for Canada Pension Plan- Disability (CPP-D) benefits. CPP-D allows you to start receiving your Canadian Pension Plan contributions, earlier than 65, if you have a disability. There are also various criteria that need to be met in order to qualify. To read more about CPP-D, click here.
If you require more information or need assistance applying for OW or ODSP, please book an appointment with one of our settlement counsellors: 416-767-4595.